- High tensile strength in compact strand
- Can be coiled for transport to reduce cost
- Low maintenance
- Good abrasion and fatigue resistance
- Easy to install on-site
- Can be threaded directly into steelwork
- Typically used to span long distances
- Allows a reduction in diameter from traditional steelwork, minimising visual impact of supportive structures and maximising light and space within the building
The Macalloy SC460 is an extension of the Macalloy Tension System available in stainless steel.
The cable system utilizes the same Macalloy fork end as the accompanying tension structures range of tension bars and compression struts, allowing for combinations of all 3 systems.
The Macalloy SC460 cable can be supplied in 3 standard cable types; 1 x 19 strand, 7 x 19 strand and the compact strand to suit the strength and flexibility requirements of the project.
The Macalloy SC460 range allows for adjustment of the total cable length. Further adjustment can be obtained through the use of adjustable tensioners which can be positioned either centrally in the cable or at either end of the cable.
For full details on the break loads, cable types, elastic stretch and component dimensions please download the Macalloy brochure here.