Macalloy offers two types of compression struts:
• Architectural Strut Range
• Fixed Compression Strut System
The Macalloy Architectural Compression Strut provides an aesthetically pleasing long taper to each end of the compression strut.
The system uses the same fork end system as the Macalloy tension bar and cable systems, allowing for a successful combination of all three systems.
Available in either carbon, galvanised or stainless-steel finish, the Architectural Compression Strut comes complete with an adjustable locking collar that provides a seamless link (hiding the thread used to connect the fork) between the fork end and the strut.
Available in all major CHS (Circular Hollow Section) diameters from 33.7mm to 323.9mm. Custom
dimensions are available on request.
Contact a Macalloy agent today to discuss architectural strut systems.
- Can be used in compression, tension and reverse loadings
- An architectural alternative to steelwork
- Adjustable system, allowing for site anomalies and ease of installation
- Circular steel creating optimum strength
The Macalloy Fixed Compression Strut provides a cost-effective, architectural alternative to the standard finish applied to standard hollow tube sections.
The fork is designed with the same critical dimensions as the standard Macalloy fork end, which means it can be used in conjunction with other Macalloy systems.
The Macalloy Fixed Compression Strut is available in carbon steel as standard. A galvanised option is also available.
Standard sizes are available for CHS diameters 33.7mm to 323.9mm.
Larger sizes and stainless steel are available as special orders.
Contact a Macalloy agent today to discuss fixed compression strut systems.
- Cost-effective CHS solution
- Available in kit form on request
- Available in a number of finishes
- Compliments the rest of the Tension Structures range
For further details including compressive capacities, CHS diameters and wall thicknesses, levels of adjustment and component dimensions, download our Tension Structures brochure.